Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trying something new

First, I've got one white sock done and the 2nd started.  I'm still working on the Niebling.

I am about to make a "swatch" with my unspun Icelandic yarn.  I just hate the though of making a swatch that will not be able to be taken apart.  I've decided on 3 strands to get the 5 wpi, using size 11 needles and hope to get the required 3 sts per inch, before felting.  The uncertainty of felting is why I've never done it before.  But this year is turning out to be so cold.  I want the slippers, some mittens and a hat that are felted.  IF it all turns out ok then I'm seriously thinking of making boots!  Maybe I'm dreaming!  After all, my hands do better with the small needles - less movement.

Once I get the felt down sts and rows per inch I can go from there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment