Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Started a Neibling

After spending many hours, over the last few months, totally frustrated with a knitted circular cast on I finally "Did it My Way".  

Using that skinny crochet cotton on tiny needles I was really frustrated.  Just could not get 2 rounds that were not screwed up.  Tried so many different cast ons and nothing was working.  Finally, this afternoon, I decided to try a combinantion of techniques, one of which has absolutely nothing to do with casting on.  IT WORKED!  First time!  Easy as pie.  I'm so happy, happy!  I actually kept knitting and just finished round 17 of Frosted Ferns!  Now I do have to admit th my size 12 crochet cotton is not as fine as I would have prefered, but it was the smallest I could find, in the area.  Also, although I do have size 0000 needles that are metal, I decided to try this one with my bamboo 0's.  When I have enough stitches on the needles I will switch to my size 0, 16" circular nickel plated Knit Picks needles. 

Next time I will have a finer crochet cotton and start with my size 0000 metal dp's. 

Feeling guilty that I'm not finishing knitted Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment