Friday, November 26, 2010

Ivory colored vest project

Decided to do the bind off on the vest, for the 2nd time, today.  The first time I bound off, seamed and knitted the left armhole rib.  It was way to deep.  So I had to frog back quite a way, besides taking out the shoulder seams and related burried ends.  Now the bind offs are re-done and the shoulder seams re-done.  Now I tried it on and it is perfect.  I enlarged the neck opening, as Sharon wanted it a little larger.  Now to rib the armholes and neck opening.  Picking up the stitches is the only part that will take awhile.  This vest is one I designed, using Sweater Wizard.  I had already done 2 using this pattern but using a different lace design.  The first 2 were identical, except for the color.  One for me and one for Sharon in Idaho.  She told m how elegant the vest would be, done in white!  Meaning, make me a white one!  This lace design stretches lengthwise more than the first one, that is why I had the sizing problem in the armhole area.  The lace pattern, Harebell Lace, is from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns.  For the first 2 vests I used a lace pattern  from that book also, but I tweeked it a bit.  That is the beauty of having books with stitch patterns as you can always change the patterns a bit to suit your own need.

Did a few more rows on the orange/pink/rose varigated Plymouth yarn vest/shrug.  Just enought to finish ball #1.  It should take 7 balls, so I need to work on it a bit each day.  Looks better without the eyelash yarn.  It is on size 7 needles and they are a bit hard on my hands, that is why I'm not making fast progress on it.

My take-along project hasn't been getting any attention this last week.  I am using Baby Star, 100% Merino Linea Baby, white with size 0 dp's.   I haven't decided it this project will be socks, mittens or fingerless gloves, so I did a knitted cast on of 64 sts and am doing a k2, p2 rib for about 1 1/2" or 2".  If I haven't decided what this project will be, by the time I get the 1st one to the rib length I want, I will just grab ball #2 and start on the 2nd one.  I do have more than one set of size 0 dp's.

When Richard, my husband, was alive I would knit in the afternoons.  Now I have become an evening knitter.  Actually, the light reflecting on the screen would bother him when watching TV in the evenings, so I adjusted my knitting time to afternoons.  Now I watch TV and knit but I have the TV set up so that the light doesn't glare on the screen.  This only presents one problem, getting involved in a show!  I find  myself leaning forward, entirely focused on the show, with knitting on pause.

29* with a light wind, just after 10:00 p.m..  Saw a few snow flakes when filling the gas tank tonight.  $48.97!!  Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment