Monday, November 22, 2010

Hello Knitting World!

I've decided to start a knitting blog for my own personal satisfaction!  Some may say this is wrong, but think about it, this is saved as a blog, not on my computer.  This blog would have to self-implode in order for me to lose my pictures and projects.  This will give me a record and keep the occasional reader laughing at how my designing and knitting projects progress.  Will this blog curb my spending on yarn?  No, very doubtful.  Not even my budget can stop me when I see something I want for knitting!  For instance, let me start this blog with last Tuesday, November 16, 2010.

November 16, 2010:  I checked my mail box and low and behold a check!  Wow, $240.00.  Don't have to include this in the budget!  Wheee!

November 17, 2010:  I went to Erie, PA to sit with my wonderful friend, Mary, in the hospital.  Of course I just had to stop in Waterford, PA at Butler Country Knits, to look at yarn.  Initially the stop was to see if she had a very light pink in Plymouth Yarn's Mulberry Merino.  I have some in an ivory color and wanted to do a fair isle sweater in the ivory and light pink.  Darn, no light pink.  Oh well, I might as well look around.  Bad girl!  Marge has a cape/vest on display, in Plymouth's Baby Alpaca Grand, pattern #26, vest.  She has tweaked the pattern with an inset of ribbon yarn, over and back, about every 10 rows, 3 times.  It looks fantastic. Hmmmm, maybe I could use a variegated yarn and get a different look.  The pattern is 4.00, the yarn, for the large size (7 skeins), is $111.93.  Why not!  OK, I buy the yarn, after all, I have the "non budget" money.  Well, Don had me make out the check for $111.93 - whoops, hey, how about the pattern?  Well, I didn't catch that and neither did Don (Marge's husband and a wonderful guy).  Result:  I still owe Marge $4.24.  An excuse to go back! 

November 20, 2010:  I take the yarn, pattern and needles to the Meadville Knitting Group meeting and do the 160 stitch cast on and get 3 rows done.  We talk a lot and I get very little knitting done, but so what, it is a great group and the socializing is worth the trip. 

November 21, 2010:  A afternoon for knitting so I pick up my new project and knit, knit, knit.  I get up through row 11 and think about checking out my stash of eyelash yarn.  Ah, yes, I do have 2 skeins that just might work.  OK, I get the eyelash yarn knitted in and now I'm not to sure it looks all that great with the eyelash yarn insert, but I continue on.  Stopped for the night after row 21.

November 22, 2010:  Picked up my project and looked at it.  Nope, the eyelash yarn just won't work.  Seems to make it look cheap and for something that is costing that much, well, that just won't do!  Frog time.  Now, after taking the 1,600 stitches out I will start row 12. 
 
It isn't like this the only project I have on needles, it isn't!  There is the ivory colored lace vest for Sharon in Idaho, 2 pairs of socks, also for Sharon, that need the toes kitchnered, my fair isle jacket that is done in the round and will need steeking, eventually.  I did the sleeves first and am not happy with them, so they will be frogged and re-done, top down, once I get the body finished.  Of course there are other projects that aren't quite done or need more thought as to the design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment