Saturday, October 20, 2012

Two Pair of all hand knit socks are done!

On October 12th I finally finished the 2 pair of socks that I started clear last February.  The Schoppel Wolle yarn, that I bought in DC, made up a bit big, but once washed they fit perfect!

Of course I will probably keep a sock on needles for my to-go project, since I'm totally lost without my knitting.  But, from now on I hope to be making all my socks, Sharon #1's socks and David's sock on the CSM.  Heaven knows I have more than enough yarn waiting and calling to me!

Tomorrow I plan on trying my first "heel" on the CSM.  I figure that if I take it really slow and am really careful I should be able to do it!  Of course I will have to take lots of notes so the 2nd sock will be the same!  I have my machine all set up with the cast-on sack and waste yarn portion done.  Now it is just put in the ravel cord row and switch to sock yarn.  I would try it tonight, it is 9:30 pm., but my eyes get tired and I want to be refreshed and ready to go at it tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment