Thursday, October 25, 2012

Socks on the CSM

It has taken me almost 2 months to get up the courage to try an actual sock.  I didn't practice on heels, like you are supposed to.   On 10/23 I decided to make a sock.  I got the picot hem done and the leg.  When I got into the heel I got confused and screwed up!  So I took it off the machine and undid the heel portion, putting the live stitches from the last row of the leg on ravel cord.  Late that night I re-hung the sock.  Wednesday morning, the 24th I re-attempted the heel and it came out fine.  So then I did the foot and toe.  Now it sits waiting to be kitchnered.  So, today, the 25th, I made the 2nd sock!  I need to remove the waste yarn and kitchner that sock also.  They are both the same size, which I'm told can be a problem, sometimes.  I tried on the 1st sock and it fits!

Now I'm watching the ribbing videos!  Not that I don't like the picot hem, I do, but I don't think David will want picot hems on his socks!  I'm not a fan of mock ribbing, so that really isn't an option.

I love my circular sock knitting machine!

I do need to put another pair on needles though, so I'll have something to do with my hands when I'm listening to audio books or just relaxing.  Of course there are other things I can knit, by hand. Heaven knows I have more than enough yarn that is not compatable with either of my knitting machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment