Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Progress is wonderful

I finally finished one pair of my hand knit socks that I started last February and have begun the 2nd pair that I started at the same time.  I had knit the cuffs, by hand, with the thought of knitting them on the flat bed machine.  But when my hand was so painful I just put them aside.  The ones I'm working on now are black and blue and I purchased the yarn in DC when visiting David.

Now, as to the CSM (circular sock machine) I've made some real strides there also.  I've made 3 cast-on sacks and the last one I incorporated a new technique.  The 3rd one, finished today, went so great and is perfect!  Now I need to make a draw string (I-cord) to go with it.  That will be a breeze as I haven't had a problem making I-cord on the CSM. 

On 9/23/12 my tension and speed finally came back to prior surgery levels.  Now I can knit anyway I want ~ machine or hand ~ with no problem.

Life is great, even if the weather is grey and gloomy!

No comments:

Post a Comment