Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Round and round I go

My cardigan is progeressing, wonder of wonders!  Both sleeves are now on holders to eventually attach to the body.  12,210 stitches in each sleeve, which is nothing compared to 44,676 on the body, just to get to the point where I can attach the sleeves!  Oh my!  I'm at 11,016 stitches now, on the body, which represents about 1/4 of the way to the sleeve attachment.  Sure doesn't look like that much!  I've recorded a bunch of Christmas shows on tv that I can watch while I knit.  Those I don't have to watch so close, so I can get a lot of knitting done while they play.

I'm thinking ahead and have decided to hem the sleeves before attaching them to the body.  Because it steeks I will do most of the body hem, at that time also.  Just won't hem the front portion at that point.  I just want to have as much of the finishing work done, as possible, when I finish all the knitting.  I've been thinking about the sweater that I've still got to finish.  It has so many ends, that I have finished off and think maybe I'll use the same technique on it as the Classic Cardigan . . enclosing the edge in a self facing to cover all the front edge.  Something to think about as I go round and round.

No comments:

Post a Comment