Sunday, December 16, 2012

CSM progress

I now have finished 1 pair of sleep tube socks, 2 pair of picot hem socks and 2 pair of basic hem socks.  I have a pair of socks almost totally finished, just one toe left to kitchner for that pair.

The machine is all set up for another pair, I just need to decide which yarn to use.  I've really expanded my sock yarn inventory.  I've been watching the sales and buying yarn that way.  I also bought 9 skeins of Barocco yarn from my Meadville yarn store.  Yesterday there were some beautiful skeins of Opal sock yarn at the Meadville store and I really wanted to scoop every one of them up and take them home.  I didn't, but only because they aren't in the budget!  I have spent this month's budget for yarn related items!  Next year's budget has been increased!  Hey, with a CSM you know you are going to be buying more sock yarn!  I more than doubled my 2012 yarn budget for 2013!

I've been using only my 72 slot cylinder and will soon try out the 60 slot cylinder.  The 60 will take a thicker yarn and I have some yarn I'd like to try on that cylinder.

I admit I haven't knit as much on the CSM as I'd like, but I was on some antibiotics that really blew a full month for me.  I was totally wiped out by the meds.

I bought an electric cone winder that I love.  It only has one draw back.  It is so touchy that you can't wind directly from a store bought ball because of the tension.  So, I wind it on my Royal winder first, then from that ball I am able to wind it with the cone winder.  It makes such a difference, knitting off the cone when using the CSM.  Also, Ann in Ohio gave me a gift certificate that I used to buy a Yarn Buddy.  Wow, that is so wonderful.  I love it.  I can use it for any hand wound or Royal wound ball plus it is great for the CSM.  I don't have to worry about the cone falling over as I crank away!

No comments:

Post a Comment